Numerical Recipes Forum  

Go Back   Numerical Recipes Forum > Obsolete Editions Forum > NR in Other Computer Languages

Old 01-26-2007, 03:37 AM

Java for NR

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Vetterling View Post
Paolo,

Actually, I have been doing some JAVA translations on the side for a few months, and I currently have cursory translations for nearly all of the 350 Recipes and about 80 of the Example routines. (By "cursory", I mean that they all compile, but until the example routines are finished I won't know how many of them need debugging.)

It would premature to foist them upon any NR users before rudimentary testing, and there are many fundamental issues of style and organization to be resolved as well. Perhaps in a few months we will have some available for beta testing and comment. In the meantime, I may post some questions for public comment on this forum, to help educate myself on the best way to handle some of the programming problems. I hope you can give us some good ideas!
Hello Mr.Vetterling

Has the task of Java coding for the NR,been completed or in the verge completion,or is it only partial.Neverthless pl arrange to kindly try out the samples of javacode for Salesman enclosed herewith using annealing method of Applied Thermodynamics(MechanicalEngineering)
as no information is heard ,though this was forwarded earlier.
This is just co-ordinated try.Any Comments
Thanking You
Attached Files
File Type: zip tour.zip (5.5 KB, 1458 views)
Old 09-10-2010, 06:31 AM

FurtherExampleOn Matrix UsageFor Tred2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemist View Post
thanks, kutta
Hello NR-friend,
Better late than never is the fitting proverb Hence
to add some more example on matrix usages before you try to do Tred2 (11.2)in Java,here is a small coded programme in TwoDimensionalMatrix that may be useful for ur further try on the same
Pl confirm if ok
Thanks
As
Kutta(C.R.Muthukumar)

[Note by webmaster: Sorry, we don't allow copyrighted code to be posted on the Forum.
Code deleted.]
Old 09-09-2011, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Vetterling View Post
Kay,

Thanks for your very timely question.

Here is the state of affairs. As of early March, I have had all of the Recipes and their corresponding example routines translated, except for approximately ten. Those ten generally have some difficult or peculiar nature to them, such as maintaining arrays of file streams, or doing some sort of tricky manipulations that are very sensitive to details of data representation. There is nothing left that couldn't be solved with a week of uninterrupted work.

Unfortunately, for the past four weeks I have not been able to devote any time to the translation, due to competing responsibilities, but I do expect to be free to continue in approximately two weeks.

Keep a good thought. The job is nearly done!
Hello reverend Author

It's very nice to hear the status (as stated )in board though this is yet to be started. Now if Java finds a place in NR ,the C++ will having included new chapters /new corollaries/algorithms suggested by readers eventually make the Java version look thin if they dont include them in java. Some how a Synonimus balance is to be found between the two in the contents.But before that the conerned may please review the suggestions constuctively as i find as on date no remarks of a new suggestion i made especially in C++.
I sincerely hope my request is once again be limelighted
Also economical edition / publication which will be a thing to consider in the present day situation of cost rising scenerio.
Thanks
As
C.R.Muthukumar(Kutta)