Numerical Recipes Forum  

Go Back   Numerical Recipes Forum > Numerical Recipes Official Announcements > General Information on Numerical Recipes

Old 03-04-2002, 10:02 PM
Numerical Recipes Author

Book and CDROM Orders

Links for purchasing Numerical Recipes books and CDROMs from our publisher are provided at:
http://www.cambridge.org/numericalrecipes

Alternatively, you can purchase the books and CDROMs from Amazon.com through this link.

Either way, in case of difficulty, please contact the respective vendor for customer service issues such as missing orders, etc. Alas, Numerical Recipes Software has no direct way to help you.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:24 AM

cool

thanks the info
Old 11-08-2008, 02:38 PM

example books question

Are the old example books online somewhere? Does the new 3rd edition have an example book? Are the example books included with the CD-ROM of the software?
Old 11-08-2008, 04:41 PM
Numerical Recipes Author

No, the old example books aren't online. But that's a good idea. We'll have to get permission from Cambridge University Press, but I'll see if we can do this.

Unfortunately, however, the old example books are completely incompatible with the new Third Edition C++ version. And, as of now, there is no Third Edition example book.

Of course, anyone could write examples and put them online, as long as they don't include the actual copyrighted NR routines from the main book. If anyone feels like doing this, we'd be happy to link their pages here (or possibly even host the pages).
Old 02-13-2011, 05:49 PM

e-book?

Hi All,
I am just wondering is there e-book edition of NR?
If no, do we have any chance to see e-book version in the future?
I need sometimes to consult with NR when I am travelling and printed/online versions are not available.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:07 AM
Numerical Recipes Author

If you use our "traditional" interface at http://nrbook.com/nr3, with the turbo option (the red square in the upper right with the white star on it), then you can download any number of book sections to your laptop, and they will work even when you are disconnected from the internet. However, you'll have to be on-line to renew the turbo option every 30 days.

Unfortunately, the traditional interface requires Adobe Reader and the FileOpen plug-in. We haven't yet figured out how to get off-line functionality with our new Empanel and Rollover interfaces.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-04-2012, 03:31 PM

Question about buying/downloading source code

Hi,

I have the 3rd edition book. I want to buy the source code. I'm confused about the options.

One option is to buy all the source code for all languages (I also want the fortran code) for 99.00

there is another one to buy c++ code. Now, because I have the book, I think I get 3 years subscription for the c++ code. how does this works if I buy the one for 99.00

Do I get one download for free If I have the book?

Thanks,
Francisco
Old 06-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Numerical Recipes Author

Hi, Francisco.

The book (and now ebook) has always been a separate product from the machine-readable code. That has allowed us to keep a lower price on each separately. Also, the book is just a book (for reading), while the machine-readable code is what includes the actual code license.

So, if you want the code in multiple languages, it looks like you want the $99 option.

The bonus for owning the hardcover book is not a code license, but rather that it gets you a lifetime subscription to the ebook for the price of a 3-year subscription.

Hope this clarifies things.

Cheers,
Bill P.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:48 PM

Thank you so much for clarification.

I'm going to buy the code for $99.00

Should I get the fortran books for that? are they still in print. I see that for those, you have volume 1 and volume 2.
thanks for the great work !