Numerical Recipes Forum  

Go Back   Numerical Recipes Forum > Obsolete Editions Forum > General Hints, Tips, and Tricks for Using NR

Old 10-14-2009, 03:26 PM

Example Book Third Edition

Hi,

I was wondering if there is an example book available for the third edition of NR? If not, are there plans to publish one? Does the second edition example book work well with NR3?

Thanks for your help.

RM
Old 10-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Numerical Recipes Author

Alas, there is no Example Book for the 3rd edition, and no plans to publish one.

Alas, the 2nd edition examples would require a lot of work to use with the 3rd edition.

We made these decisions because sales of the Example Books had dropped off to very low.

Cheers,
Bill P.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:22 AM

Hello,

I simply use my textbooks from school to create very simple example problems. This has worked well for me (so far) with a little help from davekw7x. If you have access to some simple linear algebra, calculus, and differential equations texts, they should provide numerous example problems.

Thanks
Matt
Old 03-08-2010, 06:17 PM

Pdf file

I agree with Matt. I wonder if you could make the example book for the 2nd edition freely available on the web since it is really expensive right now. (It is was $600 but now it is $199 which is still expensive!!!!!)
Old 03-23-2010, 08:42 PM
Numerical Recipes Author

If you go to bookfinder.com, you can find used copies at much more reasonable prices. Figure out which Example Book you want by year and ISBN number, and then do an ISBN number search.

Maybe someday we'll put the old Example Books up as PDF, but I'm not sure we even still have the old production files. We might have to scan a copy of the book!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:06 AM

Thanks Bill,

I did a search at that site for the example book. The prices were much less expensive. Here is the link to the Example Book in C.

http://www.bookfinder.com/search/?st...2520book%2520c

Thanks
Matt